New Data Offerings Available at NRIS
NRIS is pleased to announce the availability of several new data updates and features.
1) We have finally completed acqusition and posting of the holes we had in the DOQQ layer. These data are available for viewing from our TopoFinder applications, and available for download at http://nris.state.mt.us/nsdi/doq.asp. Thanks to the USFS for providing the final imagery.
2) We have posted some new county based Wind Power and Wind Speed maps in the Map Library application http://nris.state.mt.us/gis/gisdatalib/mtmaps.aspx.
3) The Dept of Administrations GIS Bureau, via funding from the Homeland security grant has completed a new Montana Schools layer. It is available via the Montana Digital Atlas at http://nris.mt.gov/mapper, the GIS data download service at http://nris.mt.gov/gis/gisdatalib/gisDataList.aspx, and the GIS data bundler at http://nris.mt.gov/gis/bundler/.
4) The USGS MT office, via funding from the Homeland security grant has completed a new MT airports / heliports layer. It is available via the same pathways as the school layer.
5) We have completed the initial phase of a project with the DEQ remediation bureau to regularly update and make available several remediation datasets from DEQ including underground storage tanks, remediation sites, and abandoned mines. This data is currently available via the Digital Atlas under the Environmental tab and is updated weekly.
6) We have made our regular quarterly update to the GWIC wells database.